Current Disruptions - Auspost
Most parcels are arriving on time, but delays may be experienced. Auspost operations are being affected by COVID-19 cases in the community and weather conditions.
- There may be times when some of Auspost team members are in self-isolation.
- Auspost mail and parcel processing facilities may be affected by temporary closures.
- COVID-19 related airline disruptions mean there are fewer flights available to transport mail and parcels and this may cause longer delivery times.
- Local COVID-19 disruptions may cause some Post Offices to temporarily close or change their opening hours.
- Due to flooding between Darwin and Broome, some Post Offices are temporarily closed
- Due to flooding between Darwin and Broome we are temporarily unable to provide delivery services to some locations.
- Due to flooding in Far North Queensland on the Cairns to Karumba route, we are temporarily unable to provide delivery services to some locations.
- Items sent to Western Australia from the east coast may be delayed due to rail network disruptions.
- Severe weather conditions are causing network disruptions across parts of Victoria and New South Wales.
Auspost are still delivering but COVID-19 disruptions and extreme weather conditions may cause delays. We recommend purchasing goods as early as possible to avoid disappointments with carrier delays.